We’re looking for an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager to join the Whispa Health team.
Whispa Health Limited (Whispa Health) created WHISPA-a mobile application that allows users to access health education, information, products & services in a private, shame-free, affordable, and convenient manner.
On Whispa, we have a special interest in Sexual and Reproductive healthcare, thus our users can have private (even anonymous) chats with a WHISPA doctor, book appointments for various sexual health services like contraceptives, cervical cancer screening laboratory STI tests, and more. They can also purchase sexual health products like HIV test kits and condoms, which are delivered to their homes/offices. As a result, WHISPA helps young people to manage their healthcare without shame, judgment, or stigma.
As Marketing & Communications Manager, you will oversee the planning, development, and implementation of Whispa Health’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. This includes planning for and executing integrated marketing tactics – both digital and traditional, paid and organic – to build brand awareness, encourage audience engagement and achieve ROIs.
You’ll take on the role of Brand Champion, playing a vital role in bringing our new and refreshed Whispa mobile app to the public.
- Be responsible for creating, implementing, and driving the success of our marketing plans.
- Facilitate internal and external communications, communications with clients, investors, donors, and all relevant stakeholders.
- Build on the business strategy for Whispa Health and implement creative, effective tactics that differentiate Whispa Health from the competition.
- Identify the most effective communication channels to reach relevant target groups and help to feed these channels with the appropriate messaging
- Strategize and implement paid and organic campaigns, leveraging digital marketing tactics (social media, digital advertising, website, Teams & email communications) and when necessary traditional tactics (outdoor, print advertising).
- Work closely with the graphic designer to generate compelling, engaging content for social media to support the overall marketing strategy
- Provide content review/proofreading and editing for marketing content for all mediums from draft to the final version
- Manage and support brand development with the aid of influencers or any type of external marketing partners
- Ensure that brand identity and messaging are infused in all organizational efforts
- Identify trends, monitor current events and influencers to anticipate opportunities
- Manage annual marketing and communications budget
- Monitor marketing and communications success and ROI analytics
- Report monthly to senior management on metrics and performance of marketing and communications plans
- Monitor competition, conduct frequent market research
- Ensure all our marketing meets any regulatory or advertising regulations
- Perform any other marketing and communications duties that may be assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field
- Strong writing and communication skills, including copywriting and proofreading
- 3+ years of work experience as a marketing manager or in a similar role.
- Experience in content management, creative writing, and advertising
- Experience with email marketing platforms-Mailchimp, Mailerlite, etc
- Knowledge of digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Knowledge of traditional marketing is an asset
- A firm grasp of various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social and digital
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
- Ability to research, comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and target audience behavior
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with creative design software like Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc. is not compulsory but will be an asset.
Salary Range: N200 to N250k (based on experience)